- What will the Brain Foundation do with the donations they receive?
Our two aims are to:
- What is Migraine & Headache Australia?
Migraine & Headache Australia is a division of the Brain Foundation that aims to have Migraine & Headache recognised as major public health disorders that are biologically based, common, occurs in all age groups, and are burdensome and treatable.
- Will my donation be tax deductible?
Yes, all donations over $2 are tax deductible.
- Can I donate via bank transfer?
Yes – we have various donation options. Click to read more.
- Can I set up recurring donations?
Yes, you can. Set up a monthly donation through our donation form, or visit the regular giving page for more information.
- ABN No – 47 008 479 936
- Is the Brain Foundation a register charity?
Yes – we are registered with the The Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) – click here to visit our entry.
- ATO Gift Recipient Status?
1.1.6 charitable institution whose principal activity is to promote the prevention or control of diseases in human beings
- What are your terms and conditions?
- Do you have a refund policy?
- How many staff do you have?
1 full-time and 4 part-time.
- Where are your offices?
Our main office is in Crows Nest, Sydney.
- How can I help?
There are many ways you can help! You can help by donating to our research fund, holding your own fundraiser, setting up work-place giving, or making a bequest. See our SUPPORT page for more.
- Can I receive more/regular information?
You can go on our mailing list to receive our bi-annual BrainWaves newsletter.
- Can I donate to a particular disorder/disease?
Yes. If a donation is designated to a specific project, The Brain Foundation will use reasonable endeavours to direct that donation to the designated project but is not obligated to comply with such requests. On our DONATE form you can select from one of the following:
- General Research
- Brain Tumour incl. Acoustic Neuroma
- Concussion & Traumatic Brain Injury
- Cerebrovascular incl. Stroke, Aneurysms, AVM
- Movement Disorders incl. Parkinson’s & related diseases, Dystonia, Huntington’s
- Alzheimer’s Disease and other Dementias
- Migraine & Headache
- MND / ALS & other Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Multiple Sclerosis & other Inflammatory Diseases
- Infections, Meningitis & Encephalitis
- Peadiatric Neurology
- Neuromuscular incl. Muscular Dystrophies, Myopathies & Neuropathies
- What happens if there is no grant awarded for my category this year?
The money you donate stays in that ‘category bucket’ until a worthy research application is received.
- What percentage of donated money goes to administration costs?
Read More About Our Funding Process
- Can I come to the Annual Awards Ceremony?
Yes, while places are available and you let us know you are coming. Please ring our office for more information. (02) 9437 5967. The ceremony is usually held in September in Sydney.
- What is the Headache Register?
You can join our National Headache Register if you suffer from chronic headaches or migraine. Large numbers on the register lend considerable weight to our requests for research funding from pharmaceutical companies and the government. Read more …
If you have any further questions or comments email us.